FURNACE REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
While furnaces, boilers, heat pumps, and other heating systems are built to last, they can break down from time to time, especially as they age. Whenever your heating system isn’t meeting your comfort needs—or it breaks down altogether, you can turn to Air-ease for professional diagnostic and repair services.
Some signs that it’s probably time to call Air-ease include the following:
- An aging heating system: If your heating system is at least 10 years old, it’s time to start weighing your options for replacement.
- More frequent or more extensive repairs: If you’re having to call for heating repairs more than a couple times a year—or if you’re starting to replace the major components of your heating system, it’s likely a good idea to consider upgrading your system to newer, more efficient model.
- Hot and cold spots around your home: When heating systems are not able to provide uniform comfort across your home, anything from the thermostat to the fans may need to be repaired.
- Sharp increases in energy bills: Outside of the obvious hike in utility rates that we experience from time to time, you shouldn’t see a huge increase from month to month, unless your heating system is not operating efficiently.
After you’ve installed a new heating system or had your current unit repaired, the best thing you can do to protect your investment and keep your system in peak condition is to get routine heating tune-ups from Air-ease. We recommend getting a heating tune-up service at least once a year, ideally at the end of summer or during the fall—before you turn your heater on for the winter.
Our thorough heating maintenance service involves inspecting all major components of heating systems and:
- Cleaning or changing air filters as needed
- Lubricating all moving parts
- Adjusting electrical connections as needed
- Calibrating the thermostat
- Checking safety controls